The Small Animals Matter Entirely (SAME) program is funded to provide assistance to qualifying individuals in the Gander area, with the cost of spaying or neutering of their companion rabbits. The surgery will be performed at the Community Vet Hospital in Clarenville, after your application is approved and your portion of the spay/neuter is paid. Transportation to and from the clinic and its associated costs, is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Your application will be reviewed by a staff member of the Gander and Area SPCA, all information we receive is strictly kept confidential and will not be shared with any outside parties. Once your application is reviewed, you will be notified if your application is approved, if we require further information, or if your application has been denied.
If approved and placed on a wait list, you will be notified once we are able to provide assistance. Your fee for the spay/neuter would be as follows:
- $100 for a male rabbit
- $120 for a female rabbit
To qualify for assistance you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a combined family net income of $25,000 or less.
- Be a single parent with a net income of $25,000 or less.
- Be single, living on your own with no other means of support and have a net income of $15,000 or less.
- Be 65 years of age or older and receiving the Guaranteed Income Supplement.
- If you fall outside of the criteria, you may be considered by “special circumstances”, providing you prove with documentation, your need for assistance.